Doctor of Law, Professor, Honored Lawyer of Ukraine, Professor of the Department of Criminal and Criminal Procedure Law at NAUKMA (since 2019)
Chairman of the subcommittee on “Law” of the Scientific and Methodological Council of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (since 2017). OSCE expert, expert of the USAID Justice Sector Reform Program “New Justice”, expert of the EU Project “Pravo – Justice”. Member of the Scientific Advisory Board at the Supreme Court of Ukraine (since 2017). Member of the Constitutional Commission (2015-2019), member of the Council for Judicial Reform under the President of Ukraine (2015-2019). Author of over a hundred scientific and scientific-methodical works. Awarded the Gold Medal of the University of Wroclaw (Republic of Poland) (2016).
Main scientific works:
- Determinations of economic crime in Ukraine in the transition to a market economy (theoretical and criminological research) (2008).
- Scientific and practical commentary to the Criminal Code of Ukraine (eleven editions in 2001–2019, co-author)
Teaches such disciplines at NAUKMA:
- Prevention of Corruption in Public Administration.Special course for master students of the program “Public Policy and Governance”.
- Independence of the Judiciary: Standards and Enforcement Mechanisms. Special course for 1st-year master students.
- Professional Responsibility of a Lawyer. Special course for 1st-year master students.
- Disciplinary Responsibility of Judges. Special course for 2nd-year master students.
- Corruption Risks in the Justice System of Ukraine. Special course for master students of the program “Anti-Corruption Interdisciplinary Studio”.
- Criminology. Training course for 3rd-year bachelor students.